1. A personal alarm is a small hand-held electronic device with the functionality to emit a loud siren-like alarming sound. It is activated either by a button, or a tag that, when pulled, sets the siren off.
2. It is used to attract attention in order to scare off an assailant. The sound emitted can also have the effect of distracting, disorienting, or surprising the assailant.
3. You can drop the alarm and make your escape. If it is by the attackers feet, it may also act as a visual distraction, as well as a audible distraction.
4. What's more important than your safety? Safety is awesome.
5. It can also repel aggressive wildlife!
6. Once you have set off your alarm, you can leave the situation as quickly as you can, moving to a busy area if possible. Don’t wait to check that your alarm has had the desired effect.
7. Personal alarms are legal for children and teens to carry!
8. Personal alarms are typically permitted on airplanes!
9. A little extra peace of mind goes a long way! If you feel safe, you feel confident.